Experience UCL





Type of opportunity

Preparation for university

Closed for 2024
Logo for University College London

University College London

About this opportunity

Experience UCL is an exciting opportunity for Year 12 or 13 students with a background of involuntary migration, currently studying at a UK state school or college, to visit UCL and learn about life as a student: you will have the opportunity to spend a day with two current undergraduate students, go on a tour of the campus, and seek advice from UCL staff on topics such as applying to university, support services available and financial support.

Level of Study

  • Pre-university


Asylum seeker, Refugee status, Humanitarian protection, Temporary refugee permission, Limited or Discretionary Leave to Remain (private/family life), Indefinite Leave to Remain, Ukraine schemes, Other forms of sanctuary (including Calais Leave, Section 67 Leave, UASC leave and Stateless Leave)

Additional notes about eligibility criteria

Applicants must have achieved at least five A*-B/9-6 grades at GCSE and be currently studying a Level 3 qualification which would enable them to obtain a place on an undergraduate course at UCL. This includes A levels, the IB, a BTEC Extended Diploma or an Access to Higher Education Diploma. Applicants studying A levels must be taking at least two subjects from UCL’s list of preferred A levels.

In their Level 3 qualification applicants must be likely to achieve a minimum of BBB at A level or the equivalent grades accepted by UCL in other UK qualifications, including the Scottish Advanced Highers and Welsh Baccalaureate.

What is included in this opportunity?

  • Application support and advice

Types of study available

  • Face-to-face

Additional details about application process

In the application form applicants will be asked to provide the contact details of a teacher at their school or college who we can contact to verify that they meet the eligibility criteria for the scheme.

Is this opportunity available for individuals outside of the UK?


For further questions contact Jalal Pour